World premičre of the supreme Multivan Alltrack
Hannover / Geneva, 3 March 2014. Supreme, effortless ease is the key to freedom. The Multivan Alltrack is an outstanding example of this, as it really is superbly equipped for any task and every route. At the harbour, it stylishly tows a boat trailer, in the city it proves a spacious, reliable partner that, thanks to its elegant exterior, is not out of place even in front of the opera house, and by virtue of its spacious interior it also provides room for any shopping trip. Finally - thanks to 4MOTION all-wheel drive and off-road technology - the Multivan Alltrack is just as much a master of winding roads as it is of off-road terrain.
- All terrain: concept vehicle combines stylish nautical design with rugged off-road features
Versatile and especially fuel efficient:
Transporter and Multivan BlueMotion
Hannover, 28.02.2014 – Transporter and Multivan are not only among the most successful in their segment, they are also the most fuel efficient on the market. The updated Multivan BlueMotion consumes just 6.0 litres per 100 kilometres and the new Transporter BlueMotion a mere 5.8. No other range in this vehicle class offers such low fuel consumption and a corresponding level of versatility.
- New Transporter BlueMotion consumes just 5.8 litres
- Spacious Multivan BlueMotion MPV needs just 6.0 litres per 100 kilometres
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles recalls Caddy
Hannover, 26 Feb 2014 – As part of continuous vehicle field observation, Volkswagen AG Quality Assurance has detected defects on Caddy models.
- The attachment for gas-pressure dampers on the tailgates of the Caddy model range may become detached
MERIDA mountain bike pros to ride in 2014 for
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
Alcudia / Hannover, 14 February 2014 – This year's presentation of the Multivan Merida Biking Team on Majorca was the starting signal for the 2014 season and at the same time a continuation of the successful collaboration between MERIDA and title sponsor Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, one of the leading manufacturers of vans, MPVs and camper vans.
- Newcomer Julian Schelb driving a California Beach
- World champion Dahle-Flesjĺ and team-mates travelling in Multivan Comfortlines
Positive Onset of the Year for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
Hannover, 12 February 2014: Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has started 2014 with growth in deliveries in its European core markets. In the whole of Europe, the brand delivered 21,600 light-weight commercial vehicles to customers (January 2013: 20,300). With 37,520 vehicles, the global deliveries achieved the level of the previous year (January 2013: 37,480).
- Deliveries in Europe rise in January by 6.7 per cent
- Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles increases sales in the German market by 15.3 per cent
- Worldwide deliveries reach previous year's levels
Large 'To B Remembered' sculpture being erected in Brussels
Brussels, 30 January 2014 – Accompanied by both moving and cautionary words of commemoration, the finished 'To B Remembered' large-scale sculpture was erected today, International Holocaust Memorial Day, in Brussels on the Place de Luxembourg and officially unveiled by the President of the EU Parliament, Martin Schulz.
- Symbol against forgetting the past carries memory of Auschwitz suffering into the future
Bye bye, Bulli!
Sao Paulo / Hanover, 24 January 2014. The production of the transporter in Brazil was stopped after 56 years at the end of 2013. Sharpened regulations in terms of safety and emissions rendered a future approval impossible. The end of an era: 1.12 million “Kombis” rolled off the assembly line in Brazil alone.
- The last Kombi from Brazil arrives in Hanover
- The “grandfather” of today's models of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles goes into well-earned retirement
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles ships 551,900 units
Hannover, 10th January 2014: Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles supplied 551,900 vehicles to customers around the globe in the 2013 trading year (2012: 550,150). The brand, which is responsible within the Volkswagen Group for its global trade in light commercial vehicles, was thus 0.3 per cent up on the sales results for 2012.
- Global sales volume in 2013 up 0.3 per cent